ECO UPHOLSTERY FOR BEGINNERS LEVEL 1 – THE STOOL
This short course involves upholstering a small pine stool frame using traditional upholstery techniques and recycled and environmentally friendly materials. We provide all the materials, including the stool frame and a choice of top fabrics (you can bring your own top fabric if you prefer). At the end of the course the stool is yours to take home.
This taster course will provide you with basic upholstery skills which you can then build on in our Level 2 Eco Upholstery classes.
Skill level: Beginners
Suitable for those with no previous upholstery experience.
THIS COURSE IS FOR BEGINNERS AND WILL TEACH YOU ABOUT:
- Eco friendly and natural upholstery materials
- Effective use of upholstery hand tools such as webbing stretchers
- Shaping a seat pad using natural fillings, tacks, tension and fabric
- Basic upholstery cuts and folds
- How to apply a wood finish
2 x Tuesday Daytime Classes 10.00am – 3.00pm
4 x Tuesday Evening Classes 6.20 – 8.35pm