THE STORAGE FOOTSTOOL
Make a solid hardwood stool frame using hand tools and upholster a lift-up deep-buttoned lid using eco-friendly materials.
At the end of the course you will have a storage footstool to take home and a strong foundation of woodwork and upholstery skills which you can then build on in our Upholstered Furniture for Beginners Level 2 classes
- Using woodwork and upholstery hand tools
- Precision marking and cutting of wood
- Assembling a wood frame and fixings
- Mitre and dowel joints
- Applying a wood finish
- Upholstery foams, natural fillings and sundries
- Eco-friendly upholstery materials and wood finishing
- Shaping a seat pad with fabric and tacking
- Upholstery cuts and folds
- Deep buttoning techniques
5 days or 10 evenings
1 – Suitable for those with no previous woodwork or upholstery experience
WHEN YOU CAN TAKE THIS COURSE:
We operate waiting lists for places in these classes. Please email email@example.com to be added to one or more waiting lists. We will contact you when you get to the top of a list and we can offer you a start date.
HOW TO BOOK IN:
When you accept a start date, you can book in and pay through this website page
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE:
Tutoring and tool use only – please pay for your materials (£100.00) separately here: Pay for course materials
You will also need to bring in a mnimum of 1400 x 800mm of upholstery weight fabric approximately half way through the course. We will advise you about purchasing this when you start classes.