UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE LEVEL 1 – THE STORAGE FOOTSTOOL
This practical woodwork and upholstery course involves making a solid hardwood stool frame using hand tools and then upholstering a lift-up deep-buttoned lid.
Skill level: Beginners
Suitable for those with no previous woodwork or upholstery experience.
THIS COURSE IS FOR BEGINNERS AND WILL TEACH YOU ABOUT:
- Using woodwork and upholstery hand tools
- Precision marking and cutting of wood
- Assembling a wood frame and fixings
- Mitre and dowel joins
- Applying a wood finish
- Upholstery foams, natural fillings and sundries
- Shaping a seat pad with fabric and tacking
- Upholstery cuts and folds
- Deep buttoning techniques
All footstool wood and upholstery materials are included in the course fee, other than the top fabric – we will advise you about buying top fabric when you start the course and you do not need to do this in advance.
4 x Tuesday Daytime Classes 10.00am – 3.00pm
8 x Tuesday Evening Classes 6.20 – 8.35pm