Make a solid hardwood armchair frame using hand tools and then upholster the chair back and deep drop-in seat using eco-friendly materials.
At the end of the course you will have an armchair to take home, and a strong foundation of woodwork and upholstery skills that will enable you to start designing & making your own projects.
THIS COURSE WILL TEACH YOU ABOUT:
- Using woodwork and upholstery hand tools
- Chair design for comfort, strength and stability
- Precision marking and cutting of wood
- Creating strong butt and edge joins with modern methods
- Using pocket hole screws and dowels effectively
- Assembling a wood frame and fixings
- Applying a wood finish
- Upholstery foams, natural fillings and sundries
- Eco-friendly uholstery materials and wood finishing
- Upholstery cuts and folds
- Using webbing, fillings and lashed springs to create support and shape
- Stitching and fitting top covers
Approximately 10 days or 20 evenings
2 – Suitable for those who have completed our Upholstered Furniture for Beginners Level 1 course
WHEN YOU CAN TAKE THIS COURSE:
We operate waiting lists for places in these classes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to one or more waiting lists. We will contact you when you get to the top of a list and we can offer you a start date.
If you are an existing Upholstered Furniture for Beginners Level 1 student you will be given the option to keep your class place and continue on to do the Upholstered Furniture for Beginners Level 2 course straight away.
HOW TO BOOK IN:
When you accept a start date, we will send you a payment agreement using the WorldPay FuturePay facility. This will enable us to take payment from a card or account for 2 classes every 2 weeks. Payments are in advance and we require 2 weeks notice if you wish to leave the class.
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE:
Tutoring and tool use only – please pay for your materials (£190.00) separately here: Pay for course materials
You will also need to bring in a mnimum of 3000 x 1000mm of upholstery weight fabric approximately half way through the course. We can advise you about purchasing this when you start classes.