UPHOLSTERED ARMCHAIR COURSE
This practical woodwork and upholstery course involves making a solid hardwood chair frame using non-traditional woodwork joinery and then upholstering it using a mix of modern and traditional upholstery materials and methods.
Skill level: Beginners
Suitable for those with absolutely no previous woodwork or upholstery experience.
THIS COURSE IS AIMED AT BEGINNERS AND WILL TEACH YOU ABOUT:
- Using woodwork and upholstery hand and power tools
- Chair design for strength and stability
- Precision marking and cutting of wood
- Creating strong joins with modern methods
- Using pocket hole screws and dowels effectively
- Finishing a wood frame
- Attaching webbing and sinuous springs
- Upholstery foam, fillings and sundries
- Shaping chair seat and back using calico
- Stitching and fitting a top cover
All armchair materials other than the top cover fabric are included in the course fee – please bring 3 metres of upholstery weight fabric (minimum width 1 metre) with you to the course.
1 evening a week for 16 evenings
This course can also be taken on a Thursday daytime 10am – 3pm in 2 x blocks of 4 weeks (total 8 days) to suit your availability – please email the Makershed to make arrangements firstname.lastname@example.org