UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE LEVEL 2 – THE ARMCHAIR
This practical woodwork and upholstery course involves making a solid hardwood armchair frame using hand tools and then upholstering the chair back and deep drop in seat.
Skill level: 2
You will have completed our Upholstered Furniture Level 1 course
THIS COURSE WILL BUILD ON YOUR LEVEL 1 SKILLS AND TEACH YOU ABOUT:
- Chair design for comfort, strength and stability
- Creating strong butt and edge joins with modern methods
- Using pocket hole screws and dowels effectively
- Using webbing and lashed springs to create support and shape
- More advanced upholstery cuts and folds
- Stitching and fitting top covers
- Closing upholstered chair backs
All armchair wood and upholstery materials are included in the course fee, other than the top fabric. You will need to bring in 3 metres of upholstery weight fabric (minimum width 1 metre) approximately half way through the course.
8 x Tuesday Daytime Classes 10.00am – 3.00pm
16 x Tuesday Evening Classes 6.20 – 8.35pm