ECO UPHOLSTERY FOR BEGINNERS LEVEL 2 – THE CHAIR
This course involves upholstering a dining style chair using a mix of traditional and modern upholstery techniques, using recycled and environmentally friendly materials.
Skill level: 2
You will have completed our Upholstered Furniture Level 1 course
THIS COURSE WILL BUILD ON YOUR LEVEL 1 SKILLS AND TEACH YOU ABOUT:
- Using webbing, lashed springs and loose fibres to create support and shape
- Selecting and layering natural and environmentally friendly fillings
- Chair construction and shaping using sinuous / hourglass springs, loose fibres and natural filings
- Hand stitching and fitting top covers
- Closing upholstered chair backs
- Surface buttoning
The pine chair frame and all upholstery materials, other than the top fabric, are included in the course fee. You will need to bring in 2.5 metres of upholstery weight fabric (minimum width 0.75 metres) approximately half way through the course.
5 x Tuesday Daytime Classes 10.00am – 3.00pm
10 x Tuesday Evening Classes 6.20 – 8.35pm